We at Switchback Endurance understand that occasional plans change because of an injury or an unavoidable schedule conflict. However, many of our race expenses are pre-paid and cannot be recovered close to the event date. With that in mind, we have worked to craft a fair policy in the event of a cancellation.
- 60 days or more before the race we offer a full refund.
- 30 days or more before the race we offer a 50% refund.
- Within 30 days of the race we cannot offer refunds.
- You may transfer your entry to another runner at any time with a $25 administration fee.
- You may change distance at any time up to the start of the race. If you switch to a longer distance, you only have to pay the difference. We do not offer a refund for switching to a shorter distance.
You can cancel your entry or change distance on Ultrasignup.com by going to Account Info > Registration History, clicking on your confirmation number, and selecting “Edit”. If you have any difficulty navigating Ultrasignup.com or you wish to transfer your entry, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Race Cancellation policy
Sometimes plans have to change because of circumstances beyond our control. In the winter of 2013-14 we almost had to cancel the Winter Challenge because of an ice storm. We made it happen, thanks to an army of volunteers who helped clean up the trails. Another time we had to delay a race because of a severe thunderstorm. Then, in 2020 we found ourselves having to cancel or modify races due to COVID-19. Here is our policy on what happens if we cannot go through with our scheduled plans:
If at all possible, we will make adjustments on the scheduled day or the race, such as a modified course, a change of start time, or other modification in the format of the race.
If we cannot hold the race on the original date we will, depending on the circumstances, offer at least two of the following options:
- a virtual race.
- the race postponed to a later date.
- your entry deferred to next year’s race.
- a credit that you may use toward a future Switchback Endurance race.
- a refund of 50% of your race fee.
Please understand that if we are forced to cancel a race we will have expenses that we cannot recover. For this reason we are not able to offer full refunds. In place of refunds we offer options that we believe are fair. While we know that no one, including us, is happy about having to change or cancel plans, we always welcome your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions or need any additional information on our policies.