The tenth annual Yankee Springs Trail Run Weekend is on the calendar for May 29-31, 2020. This year we’re changing the distances of the Saturday races to 50k, 100k, and a night 25k. As in previous years we’ll do the 10k Friday night and the half marathon Sunday morning. Make a weekend of it and stay in one of the cabins at the Long Lake Outdoor Center.
Yankee Springs Ultra Challenge, “YSUC”: We’d like you to make it an epic weekend of running! If you run 3 races, you’ll have more than a marathon for the weekend. When you sign up for 3 or more races, use coupon code “YSUC” for a 10% discount and some extra swag!
Long Lake Outdoor Center
10370 Gun Lake Road
Middleville, MI 49333
Click here for a map.
- 10k start: Friday 8:00 pm
- 100k start: Saturday 6:00 am
- 50k start: Saturday 8:00 am
- Night 25k start: Saturday 8:00 pm
- Cut-off time for all Saturday races: 12:00 midnight
- Half Marathon start: Sunday 7:00 am
- Cut-off time for Sunday half marathon: 11:00 am
Packet Pickup will be in the lodge at the Long Lake Outdoor Center before each race.
- Friday 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Saturday 5:00 am-8:00 am
- Saturday 6:30 pm-8:00 pm
- Sunday 5:00 am-7:00 am
The Courses: The courses are 100% single track trail through the woods of the Yankee Springs Recreation Area. The terrain features hills and valleys carved by glaciers as well as a fair amount of rocks and roots to dance around. There will be a 10k loop, a half marathon loop and a 25k loop. The 50k and 100k are 2 and 4 laps of the 25k course. Click here for more course information and maps.
Aid Stations: The aid stations will be between 2 and 4 miles apart. There will be one on the 10k course, three on the half marathon and 25k courses (one of which you will stop at twice on the 25k course), and one at the start/finish.
The 10k aid station will serve
- water and Gatorade
The aid stations for the longer races will also serve
- sweet snacks (cookies, trail mix, m&m’s, etc.)
- salty snacks (chips, etc.)
- fruit (oranges and bananas)
The first and third aid stations on Saturday will also serve
- sandwiches (pb&j and grilled cheese)
- boiled potatoes with salt
We will not be providing gels at the aid stations, so if you use gels, we recommend you bring your own favorite flavor.
Pacers: Double marathon runners are allowed to have pacers in the 3rd and 4th laps. We ask that you only have one pacer at a time and that pacers check in and sign a waiver at the start/finish. Pacers who sign in are welcome to aid station food. The only other thing we ask is that pacers not cross the finish line because it can be confusing for the timers.
Lodging: Make a weekend of it and stay in one of the cabins near the start/finish! You can reserve a single bunk or a whole cabin. The rustic cabins and bunk houses are clean, cozy, and well maintained. With a bunk or a cabin rental you will have use of the bath house.
- Check in any time after 5:00 pm Friday
- Check out by 11:00 pm Sunday.
Other lodging options include Deep Lake Rustic Campground and Gun Lake Modern Campground, as well as hotels in the nearby towns of Gun Lake and Hastings.
Registration includes your choice of short sleeve or sleeveless tech shirt if you register by May 15.
|race||register by January 31||February 1-April 31||May 1-race day|
|cabin for 4||$120|
|cabin for 5||$150|
- Click here to register online.
- Click here if you have already registered and would like to add a shirt or lodging.
- Click here to see who’s registered.
- Click here for our severe weather policy.
- Click here for our refund policy.