The eighth annual Yankee Springs Trail Run Weekend is on the calendar for June 1-3, 2018. We are again offering a weekend of races including a 10k Friday night, a marathon and double marathon, and quad marathon on Saturday, and a half marathon on Sunday. Make a weekend of it and stay in one of the cabins at the Long Lake Outdoor Center.
New this year, we are adding a dusk half marathon starting right when the sun goes down on Saturday night! Practice your night running skills!
Yankee Springs Ultra Challenge, “YSUC”: We’d like you to make it an epic weekend of running! If you run 3 races, you’ll have more than a marathon for the weekend. When you sign up for 3 or more races, use coupon code “YSUC” for a 10% discount and some extra swag!
Long Lake Outdoor Center
10370 Gun Lake Road
Middleville, MI 49333
Click here for a map.
- 10k start: Friday 8:00 pm
- Quad Marathon Start: Saturday 5:00 am
- Double Marathon start: Saturday 6:00 am
- Marathon start: Saturday 7:00 am
- Dusk Half Marathon start: Saturday 9:16 pm
- Sunday Half Marathon start: Sunday 7:00 am
- Cut-off time for all races: Sunday 1:00 pm (32 hour cut-off for the quad)
Packet Pickup will be in the lodge at the Long Lake Outdoor Center before each race.
- Friday 5:00 pm
- Saturday 4:30 am
- Saturday 7:00 pm
- Sunday 5:00 am
The Courses: The courses are 100% single track trail through the woods of the Yankee Springs Recreation Area. The terrain features hills and valleys carved by glaciers as well as a fair amount of rocks and roots to dance around. There will be a 10k loop and a half marathon loop. The marathon and double marathon are 2 and 4 loops of the half marathon course. Click here for more course information and maps.
Aid Stations: The aid stations will be between 2.5 and 4 miles apart. There will be one on the 10k course, three on the 13.1 mile loop, and one at the start/finish.
The 10k aid station will serve
- water and Gatorade
The half, full, double, and quad marathon aid stations will also serve
- sweet snacks (cookies, trail mix, m&m’s, etc.)
- salty snacks (chips, etc.)
- fruit (oranges and bananas)
The first and third aid stations for the half, full, double, and quad marathons will also serve
- sandwiches (pb&j and grilled cheese)
- boiled potatoes with salt
We will not be providing gels at the aid stations, so if you use gels, we recommend you bring your own favorite flavor.
Pacers: Double and quad marathon runners are allowed to have pacers in the second half, so the last 2 laps for double marathoners and the last 4 laps for quad marathoners. We ask that you only have one pacer at a time and that pacers check in and sign a waiver at the start/finish. Pacers who sign in are welcome to aid station food. The only other thing we ask is that pacers not cross the finish line because it can be confusing for the timers.
Lodging: Make a weekend of it and stay in one of the cabins near the start/finish! You can reserve a single bunk or a whole cabin. The rustic cabins and bunk houses are clean, cozy, and well maintained. With a bunk or a cabin rental you will have use of the bath house. We offer 2 and 3 night rental options.
- Check in any time after 5:00 pm Friday
- Check out by 1:00 pm Sunday with the 2 night option.
- Check out by 11:00 am on Monday with the 3 night option. We recommend the 3 night option if you’re running the quad marathon, so you have time to get cleaned up and get some rest before driving home!
|race||register by December 31||January 1-April 31||May 1-May 31|
Shirts are optional at an additional $10-$12. We are offering a choice of short sleeve or sleeveless tech shirts. The deadline to order shirts online has passed. We will have a limited quantity of shirts for sale at the race.
|2 nights||3 nights|
|cabin for 4||sold out||sold out|
|cabin for 5||$150||$180|
- Click here to register online!
- Order shirts and lodging here (Use this link if you have already registered for the race.)
- Refund and transfer policy
- Severe weather policy
- Registered participants